NSF started Online Coaching for MathCounts and Pre-MathCounts in 2010. Elementary Math Coaching is starting in 2016. Volunteers hold these coaching sessions online, normally once every week starting from September.
The objective of the Math coaching is to get the children to start learning concepts, working and thinking about MathCounts kind of problems and getting used to homework schedule.
You can register for the MathCounts or Pre-MathCounts Coaching class, when the registration is open, by logging in to NSF as a “Parent”.
If you are not a registered “Parent” in NSF, click here to register.
The registration donation goes as Scholarship for a needy college student in India.
A brief outline of what to expect once you are registered:
- Schedule for the coaching session from your coach
- Weekly invitation for the online meeting
- Weekly homework (Min 15-20 problems)
- One 2 hours/week session for about 15 weeks
- Children will solve approximately 300-400 problems throughout the entire coaching session
The above details may change depending on the type of class (Elementary Math, PreMathcounts or MathCounts), coach, and the registered level of the students.
Parents determine the level based on the skill set of their child while adhering to the following guidelines.
- NSF Elementary Math (MB1) - 1st and 2nd Graders
- NSF Pre-Mathcounts (MB2) - 3rd, 4th and 5th Graders
- NSF Mathcounts (MB3) - 6th, 7th and 8th Graders
Two Levels of Coaching are available for NSF Elementary Math (MB1):
Three Levels of Coaching are available for NSF Pre-Mathcounts (MB2) and NSF Mathcounts (MB3):
Details about the levels and additional information is available at the link on the top left of this page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions