2020 Spring Semester Online Coaching Info:
Coaching Registration Start: April 15, 2020
- Registration Deadline: April 25, 2020
- Classes Start: May 1 (tentative)
- Duration: 6 / 10 / 12 Weeks depending on subject
- Class Time: 1 / 1.5 / 2 Hours per Week depending upon subject
- Login as a parent and using your userid and password. If you are a new parent, you need to register to establish your profile (including your spouse).
- In the Coaching section, click on "Register for Coaching".
- Follow each screen and provide information as necessary. You must update grade, school, etc. for each child on the children screen if it requests even if the info is correct.
- Please read each screen carefully and not go in a hurry!
- Once you pay, the payment is non-refundable for any reason. NSF is run by volunteers. It doesn't have resources to follow up on any refund issues for any reason.
- There is a timeout on the system. So please register quickly without any interruptions like phone calls, children activities, etc. On the payment page, press Submit button only once. You may get charged twice if you press more than once.
- Each page is saved as you go to the next page. So even if you log out, the most you lose is the current screen.
- The email you login with is the official email for communication with NSF. Please use that for all communications.
- Once you register and pay, you will get a confirmation email. Also please click on View Status for Coaching from Parent Functions page to confirm your registration.
NorthSouth online coaching has become very popular with parents and students.
The goal of NorthSouth coaching program is to enrich student learning beyond the education offered in the regular school. NorthSouth believes that a young child has extraordinary capacity to absorb information and learn when exposed to new concepts. Studies have shown that certain parts of the brain will not develop without stimulation during early formative years. The program strives to generate curiosity, inquisitiveness, exploration and discovery.
The coaching program provides flexibility to allow students to enroll in classes based on their skill (either above or below grade level). The program not only prepares students for rigorous classes in school but also participate effectively in aptitude exams and highly competitive contests.
Instructor led online coaching program offers classes in Math, SAT/ACT, Science, Geography, Computer Programming, Vedic Math, Universal Values, and Life Skills Program (Confidence Building). Coaching is provided in each subject at different grade levels.
NorthSouth online coaching is not a personalized school tutoring program. NorthSouth believes that parent involvement is an integral part of student learning process. While coaches rely on parents for encouraging the child to participate without distraction, we would like to limit parent involvement during in-class discussions to promote unhindered participation from children. Parents are requested to ensure that their child participates in every class and is respectful of other students.
Coaches uses web conferencing tools to interact with the students. Coaches are happy to answer any of your questions after the class or by email. Questions related to the concepts or content covered in the class should only be asked by the students.
Classes are not recorded, and, in most cases, class teaching material and slides are not shared. We encourage students to use other online resources to fill the gaps and/or reinforce the learning. It is expected that students attend all classes and there is no ability to make up for missed classes. Students will have the chance to catch up by working on the homework and getting clarification during the next class.
Coaches are volunteers comprised of subject matter experts, parents and highly skilled high school students.
There is homework given every week to reinforce learning of concepts covered in class. It is very important for children to complete homework on time. Please encourage the students to work on the homework as it is an integral part of learning. Students’ homework responses will provide feedback to coaches on where students may be having difficulty understanding the concepts.
NorthSouth coaching program benefits two groups of students:
- Students who are attending the online coaching classes
- Needy college students in India who receive educational grants from the funds raised through online coaching program
Please contact email@example.com for any further questions