General Info Details:
- This is a “public health” themed contest centered around Coronavirus COVID-19 and other similar pandemics
- Registration Deadline: CLOSED
- Submission Deadline: CLOSED
Submissions will be separated by age group
- Juniors (Kindergarten-3rd Grade)
- Seniors (4th-8th Grade)
One submission per student. Submissions will be accepted within the following categories:
We have purposely created broad submission criteria for the contest - this is to encourage self-directed learning and creativity; we want students with various passions to engage with this topic via their personal strengths/areas of interest.
- The submission criteria for each category is available separately in the Category link on the left menu
Judging/Awards announcements schedule:
- 1. Semi-finalists - June 7, 2020 (Maximum 10 per category in each age group)
- 2. Finalists - June 21, 2020 (Maximum 4 per category in each age group)
- 3. Grand Champions - June 28, 2020
- Fan Favorite voting period: June 8-21, 2020
The GRAND PRIZES will be a donation to a U.S. charity of the winner's choice - a charity which is performing/delivering OUTREACH to a group of people impacted by the Coronavirus.
- 1st prize - $ 2500
- 2nd prize - $ 1500
- 3rd prize - $ 1000
- Students can consult (or collaborate) with friends and family. Be sure to credit them.
- For questions and support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Content Submission:
You agree that:
- You will not use your Panacea Challenge submissions for any other competition or event
- You will not post your submissions on any social media outlets until after North South Foundation announces the winners of the Panacea Challenge
- Your submissions and their contents for the Panacea Challenge in its original form will automatically become the property of North South Foundation
- North South Foundation may use the submissions for any purpose related to the foundation’s activities
- If you are in violation of any of the terms, it could result in the disqualification of your submission
Use and ownership of material submitted:
- All entrants understand that any material, including digital media submitted to the competition may be used by North South Foundation for marketing and promotional purposes including in any media such as exhibitions, print and digital media directly related to the NorthSouth competition, though there may not be monetary compensation. By winning or placing in the competition you are agreeing to be included in any such future exhibits.
- Neither North South Foundation nor their associates, affiliates, or partners assume any responsibility for photos submitted in violation of competition rules, or for those which violate copyright regulations. NorthSouth will investigate claims of copyright infringement to the best of its ability, and will remove and disqualify material that are clearly demonstrated to violate copyright and/or competition policies. NorthSouth will act to maintain the integrity of the competition and its affiliated entities, but is not responsible for any damages resulting from images submitted in violation with rules and regulations.
- North South Foundation will have no obligation to adjudicate IP Claims.
- Claimants and users must understand that we are not an intellectual property tribunal. While we may in our discretion use the information provided in order to decide how to respond to infringement claims, we are not responsible for determining the merits of such claims. If a user responds to a claim of infringement by providing assurances that its content is not infringing, the user agrees that if we thereafter restore or maintain the content, the user will defend and hold us harmless from any resulting claims of infringement brought against us or any of our representatives and volunteers.